In accordance with Promoting a Safer Church – House of Bishops Safeguarding Policy for Children, young people and adults we recognise that the care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church. Our commitments: -
• Promoting a safer environment and culture
• Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
• Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
• Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
• Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
• Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary, report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay. Please contact any of the following people. All our churches in the West Barnsley Benefice are within the Leeds Diocese of the Church of England under the Wakefield area. They too have people whose remit covers this aspect of work. If you click here it will take you to a full and detailed explanation of all the resources available to you in this Diocese.
Vicar Canon Keith Farrow 01226 958027
Cawthorne Cynthia Hindley 01226 790886
Dodworth David Allen 01226 294745
Hoylandswaine Margaret Grinnell 01226 765579
Silkstone Julia Thompson 07941 527250
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser Jenny Lecardi 0113 3530 259
(Wakefield & Leeds Area) or 07872 005189